Duration: 6 hrs
· U.S. Citizen who is legally allowed to possess a firearm.
· Ability to demonstrate and employ safe weapons handling during course.
· Intermediate Pistol Operator Course or proof of equivalent course by reputable instructor.
This is an advanced course designed to enable effective tactical employment of a pistol. Students will execute contextual shooting drills to validate skills within this course. Students will be trained on the following:
· Firearms Safety
· Mind Set
· Fundamentals of Pistol Marksmanship Review
· Loading/Unloading Procedures
· Malfunctions and Stoppages
· Pistol Draw
· Gear Setup and Considerations
· Engagement Methods
· Firing Positions: Standing, Kneeling, prone
· Target Discrimination
· Multiple Threat Engagement
· Barricade Firing
· Support Hand Shooting
· Movement: Shooting on the move, Pivots, Lateral Movement
· Fighting While Wounded
· Improvised Firing Positions
· Fire and movement
Student Equipment Requirements (NOT PROVIDED):
· Pistol w/3 magazines minimum (5 if single stack)
· Tactical or CCW Belt w/ 1 magazine pouch (minimum)
· Pistol Holster (no paddle, SERPA or other holsters that use the trigger finger to release pistol)
. Holsters must provide retention to keep weapon in place while moving in and out of various positions.
· 250 rounds of handgun ammunition (minimum).
· Durable but comfortable pants, long sleeve shirt (recommended), baseball cap
· Knee and Elbow Pads (optional, but recommended)
· Ballistic eye protection (clear lenses recommended) & hearing protection
· Shemagh or baklava (recommended for neck protection from hot brass)
· Weapons cleaning kit and lubricant
· Notepad, pen and permanent marker
· Food & Water
· Inclement weather gear and sunscreen as desired
*RANGE FEE INCLUDED*
**COURSE COORDINATION DETAILS WILL BE PROVIDED FOLLOWING REGISTRATION**